Monday, June 20, 2016

Eight is Great!

Dear Fox,
 I want you to know how much you are loved and adored. You turned eight years old today and I really cannot believe so much time has passed from the days when you would fall asleep sprawled over my heart while I touched your soft baby skin. I knew then that Heavenly Father sent me someone very special and it has been one of the greatest joys of my life discovering who you are and imagining all the things you will someday become. Your mind is a beautiful place to be Fox and your fierce creativity allows us to get frequent glimpses of your intelligence and curiosity. I listen to your stories, see the drawings and pictures you paint, watch you crafting abstract masterpieces and I'm so grateful you were blessed with a healthy body and sound mind so that we can fully appreciate your ideas and talents. You are loyal to your family, especially your sister. I think you love her most of all and it melts my heart when I see the two of you playing happily. You're silly and wild too, you aren't afraid to get dirt under your fingernails (in fact, I'm convinced you feel it's one of life's many pleasures)and you love doing things that are new and different. Your self confidence astounds me sometimes. You may not remember but you once told me you could "punch a tornado and fly to the moon and back." You test the limits Fox... and sometimes our patience. I used to let this trouble me but I've decided I like you best this way. You challenge what you hear and see and are driven to know for yourself what makes it good or bad, right or wrong. You are an artist, a builder, an engineer, a writer, a philosopher, an occasional mischief maker, a good friend and a the best son a mother could ask for. Some days I feel like I never smiled at you, said a kind word or took a moment to make you feel special. On those days, when I lie in bed at night I think about how quickly my time with you is passing and I commit myself to do better, to love more, and to enjoy every moment I can.
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Happy birthday, Fox! I am so glad we got to see you guys this weekend, although I am sorry we didn't get to talk more. The kids are very jealous of your gecko.